Sunday: Chicken burrito bowls.
- Mike is obsessed with these. I don’t feel quite so strongly but they are very good. Dirties a lot of pans and dishes, though. I baked my chicken instead of grilling.
Monday: Cooked some spaghetti squash and topped with pesto. Not very exciting.
Tuesday: Coconut lime fish tacos with improvised salsa (mango, cilantro, red cabbage, lime juice)
- Didn’t hate this but didn’t love it either. Think I will stick to breading my fish with some panko and Old Bay next time I make fish tacos.
- The lentils were not very good. Sometimes Budget Bytes can be a miss, and this was one of them. Just not flavorful. I ate leftovers once with a fried egg and extra s&p but even that couldn’t save them. Tossed the rest. Will not make again.
- On the other hand, the gazpacho is f-ing awesome. It has a nice kick and is unlike anything I’ve ever made. I don’t like tomatoes so this is a perfect cold soup for me.
Saturday: Wine and popcorn
Other non-dinner things I made…
- Pumpkin muffins. Tastes like fall. Trying not to overdo the pumpkin so I’ll wait a month or so before making them again. I alter this recipe a bit. They’re not overly sweet because I reduced the sugar. I also scaled up to use the entire can of pumpkin, since I hate having small amounts of leftover ingredients in my fridge. Here’s my modification:
15oz can of pumpkin
1.5 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp sugar, mixed, for topping