Sunday: Turmeric chickpea fritters with garlic herb sauce, served on garlic naan with arugula.
- I’ve never made falafel or anything falafel-like before but wanted to try. So glad I did. This was really awesome and might be the best vegetarian meal I’ve ever made. Leftovers were just as good.
- I’ve made this one a few times before and it’s always solid. The only change I make is to add a lottt more liquid to the Crockpot. I’ve never had success cooking meat that isn’t practically swimming. I tend to add some chicken broth and more wine. I didn’t get home on time due to a traffic meltdown so the chicken was a little overcooked, but still good.
Wednesday: Mediterranean turkey meatloaves, served with steamed red potatoes and simple arugula salad.
- I made this one previous time and am surprised I hadn’t made it since. Interesting twist on meatloaf. I’ve been trying to eat less ground beef both for health and price reasons. I don’t use the olives or tomatoes because I dislike both. Nom.
Other non-dinner things I made…
- Apple pie scones. Another Budget Bytes miss. Bummer, because she has a lot of good recipes too. Granted, I didn’t make the icing, but these are pretty bland and not as apple-y as I would have thought. Not going to make them again, but I’ll make sure they don’t go to waste thanks to Trader Joe’s cookie butter.
- Black bean dip. I wanted to take this for a test run since I signed up to bring chips and dip to an upcoming work baby shower. It passed. I omitted the cheese due to cost/laziness, which then makes it vegan.