- Yummy! I’ve only had polenta a couple of times and figured now was a good time to try making it at home. In the recipe it’s made only with salt, but I also seasoned it with pepper, parsley, smoked paprika, and onion powder to taste.
I’ve also never poached eggs before; I tend to scramble or make them over easy. I was nervous about it, and while I lost a little bit of the egg white, the yolks were totally intact. Proud moment. No tomatoes again since I’m a hater.
Monday: Pesto chickpea salad with some leftover naan
I roughly halved it, eyeing it more than measuring.
This was pretty good, but not quite worth the agony I inflicted on my thumb while carelessly chopping onion. Who doesn’t want to spend their evening in urgent care?
I swear half of my Pinterest is things cooked in beer.
I was on the fence about whether to make this after Monday night as I was still in pain and scared to get near a knife. It took me about 10 times longer to chop things than it would’ve normally. Sigh. I did the Crockpot version in the notes and it made the kitchen smell like happy hour (I mean this as a compliment). I took some creative liberties with the salsa- couldn’t find pomegranate at the grocery store and I’m not a fan of sweet chili sauce.
End result: chicken was good, salsa was underwhelming. Not sure if it’s because I omitted ingredients; pomegranate probably would have improved it but not that much. If I made this again, I would probably stick to more traditional taco toppings.
Wednesday: Mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs.
- This meal was SO good. I eagerly looked forward to the leftovers every time, and even had them for both lunch and dinner Thursday. Nom. I used a mozzarella/cheddar cheese stick because they were way cheaper. I’ll buy rolls or spaghetti squash next time to serve on (didn’t think that part through) but they were also amazing on their own.
Another first for me: I’ve never made marinara from scratch (don’t judge me). Sauce was so easy to make and good, even for a tomato hater like me.
Other non-dinner things I made…
- White chocolate pumpkin snickerdoodles. OMG. Perfect example of why I can’t have a lot of sweets in the house. These are amazing. You don’t want to know how many of these I ate in an attempt to distract myself from my bleeding thumb.
- Andddd then I made a second batch. At least I shared most of these.
- Pumpkin pie protein smoothie. This really did taste like pumpkin pie. I omitted the yogurt, doubled the milk, added flaxseed, kept the same amount of banana, and then halved everything else.